Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Some new things...

Yesterday you saw that I was messing around with trying something new. That little post I made was a test to see if what I was working on was actually going to work. And I'm so happy to tell you that, "YES" it worked. I'll explain...

A few months ago I was asked to be a part of one of my favorite coaching magazines, The Christian Coaching Magazine. I am officially their public relations person which includes lots of different things but primarily right now I'm handling all the social media for the magazine. I get to be on facebook a lot and Twitter too. There has certainly been a learning curve but it's fun and I'm always up for learning something new. Yesterdays little experiment had to do with this very cool web instrument that will allow you to post your status updates on Facebook and it will automatically post it on Twitter or whatever other social media tool you choose. It will even pull automatically from a blog post. Maybe this isn't something very new but it was to me and I was thrilled to have figured it out all by myself. YAY ME!

My next challenge is to try and link to the magazine page so that whenever a new edition is coming out or something newsworthy is worth sharing, it will post across the internet telling everyone what we're up to. If you're interested in learning more about this instrument you can find it at a website called hootsuite. Here's the link:http://www.hootsuite.com

That's all for now...find me on Twitter: resurrectedgirl or on Facebook: Allison Rouse Johnson

See you soon!

No comments: